SAT and PSAT Score Release
Students will be able to access scores in their online College Board accounts.
Student score releases will follow the College Board schedule.
VIRTUAL COLLEGE FAIRS
Want to visit colleges and talk to college reps from the comfort of your own home? ThenNACAC Virtual College Fairs are for you! Visit thisLINK to view the schedule and register to talk to admissions counselors from across the U.S., Canada and beyond. Ask questions about academic programs, scholarships, athletics, tuition, and more! Here is a short video onhow to make the most of the virtual college fair.
From Nest to Wings video series
FN2W is a local 501(C)(3) organization whose mission is to provide students and families with education to assist with the transition to educational options beyond high school. Sign up for their newsletter and check out theirYouTube channel for videos onapplying to college, trade schools and community colleges,financial aid,scholarships,stress management and much more.
Mental Health Partners (MHP)
MHP of Boulder County has put together extra resources for students and families during the pandemic.
- MHPMental Health Services
- Teen Info –Back to School Mental Health Toolkit
- Community Outreach and Health Team info – If you are not sure where to start, connect with one of the health team members to get your questions answered.
Need some inspiration during COVID times?
A story about Teens With COVID on our local Fox 31 News outlet:https://kdvr.com/news/health/broomfield-teen-creates-online-support-group-for-teens-in-isolation-with-covid/
ICAP = Individual Career & Academic Plan
The State of Colorado requires all high school students to fulfill ICAP activities as a graduation requirement. SVVSD ICAP requirements are housed in our Naviance program (Naviance is a comprehensive software program that is a platform for career and college information and searches). Students will be required to complete the following yearly deliverables in order to meet their ICAP graduation requirements.
9th Grade – Strengths Explorer Exercise, Strengths Explorer Reflection, 9th Grade ICAP Survey.
10th Grade – Career Interest Profiler, Career Interest Profiler Reflection, 10th Grade ICAP Survey.
11th Grade – College Super Match, Identify 3 Colleges or Programs of interest, 11th Grade ICAP Survey.
12th Grade – My Game Plan, Complete My Gameplan, 12th Grade ICAP Survey
Josten’s will be here for Cap and Gown Orders on 11/8 and 11/9
Check Naviance for College Visits and Scholarship Opportunities
Graduation is scheduled for May 28, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. More information will follow.
Spring SAT date is April 13, 2022.
Makeup date is April 26. 2022.
Be on the lookout for SAT Prep class being hosted by Mr. Ottem.
Want to retake the SAT?
Students can sign up for a national administration of the SAT by going to Collegeboard.org
You may also want to consider giving the ACT a try- you can sign up for tests on ACT.org
Want to get a jump on your post-secondary planning?
- Take a look at this Senior Check-list, it’s a great resource for rising Seniors!
- Check out the Colleges tab of your SVVSDNaviance account.
- Attend at least one of thevirtual college fairs listed earlier in the newsletter.
- Sign up for the From Nest to Wings newsletter and visit their YouTube channel for all your post-secondary needs.
- Make use of SCHS College Virtual Visits. Sign up on Naviance. The list of scheduled college visits is available below. Meet w/ college reps to ask about programs, financial aid and more!
Please sign up through your Naviance account or in the Counseling office:
- Check Naviance for college visits