- Math tutoring: All teachers in the Mathematics Department help outside of class time. Please consult your student’s teacher via syllabus, website, or email to find out what time(s) s/he is available.
Longmont Public Library Tutoring
- If a student grades 1st-12th needs help with any class they offer free tutoring every Wednesday evening from 5:30-7:30. Just show up!
- If a student is interested in getting volunteer hours and being a tutor for them they can email Elektra Greer to set up a time to talk to her about tutoring with them. Her email address is: email@example.com
Many families have located excellent college-age tutors by posting jobs on:
- Regents Exam Prep Center – A NY High School Test Prep site for math, science & history
- Math Bits – Live long and love math
- WolframAlpha – A fundamentally new way to get knowledge and answers
- Education Portal – College Algebra – Very useful college level algebra video series
- Desmos – Free online graphing calculator (iPad app available)
- Khan Academy – 4,500 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice.
- Algebra Review – Offers 10 comprehensive tutorials on radicals and exponents, solving equations and inequalities, functions and first degree curves, and more.
- Cool Math – Algebra 1 students. This site has games, lessons, and resources for solving equations, graphing, etc.
- SOS Mathematics – A free resource for math review material from Algebra to Differential Equations.
- Ask Dr. Math – a question and answer service for math students and their teachers. A searchable archive is available by level and topic.
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL)– The Online Writing Lab at Purdue University is a great resource for students.
- EasyBib – The Automatic Bibliography and Citation Generator
- Turnitin – Turnitin improves the student writing cycle by preventing plagiarism and providing rich feedback to students.
- AP Central – The official AP College Board website. Excellent resources for AP classes.
- What Should I Read Next? – Enter a book you like and the site will analyse our huge database of real readers’ favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.
Social Studies Resources
- CIA World Factbook – The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- BBC Online – The British Broadcasting Corporation
- New York Times
- I Like to Learn
- Pearson Prentice Hall – (Click here for the codes to enter on this website) The textbooks give the web codes that go with the activity that reinforces vocab, grammar, etc.
- Ms. Smits Spanish Resources – Follow the links listed under Blog Roll
- Conjuguemos – The site stores a large amount of practice activities, with more exercises added during the year by our users.
- Study Spanish – If you want to learn to speak Spanish, you’ve come to the right place.
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Word Reference– for Translations
- TV5MONDE – the world’s French-language channel.
- Phosphore – French magazine
- Francais Interactif – French resources
- French 1 and 2 Resources – Traditional levels
- French 1, 2 & 3 Resources – Traditional
- Quizlet – For grammar and vocabulary, many short animations and explanations already exist on YouTube. Just google the topic in and choose!
- Conjuguemos – The site stores practice activities, with more exercises added during the year by our users.
- Hyper Physics
- Physics Classroom
- PHET Interactive Simulations– Free online Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Earth Science simulations.
- www.dlese.org – for Earth Systems Science
- Companion Site for Environmental Science
This page includes links to information created by other public and private organizations. Silver Creek High School does not control or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this information. These links are provided for the user’s convenience, and the inclusion of these links is not intended to endorse products or services offered, or views expressed, on these websites.