Dear Silver Creek High School Parents, Guardians and Students,
Thank you for being a part of the Silver Creek community and for your continued support as we work to advance student learning and academic success. It is time to start planning for the 2021-2022 school year!!
- On May 3, 2021 students can access their 2021-2022 schedules through Infinite Campus.
- Schedule repair requests are open May 3 – 16, 2021. See information below.
- Screencast – how to find your 21-22 schedule and what to look for (live May 4 – also shown in English)
Schedules are built on student needs and requests and are designed to prepare students for graduation and their postsecondary academic and career plans. Master scheduling across our school is very complex and individual student changes after schedules are set can have a significant impact on classroom seat counts, staff allocation, and/or our ability to offer specific courses. It is important that students submitted accurate course requests at the beginning of the scheduling process. If a schedule repair is needed, here are the requests that we can accommodate:
- Incorrect class level (need to move into a more advanced class…not due to an incomplete summer assignment)
- Course needed to accommodate graduation requirements or an Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP)
- Adjustments due to summer school or eCredit recovery
- Placement in course without the necessary prerequisite
If you need to request a schedule repair for any of the reasons listed above, you can submit your request digitally — see links below. If a repair is approved, the change can be viewed in IC. If it cannot be approved, contact will be made through the student’s school email. Please do not email your counselor as that process is not guaranteed a response.
To maintain the integrity of the master scheduling process, we are unable to accommodate schedule repairs for: teacher preference, lunch periods, change of interests or incomplete summer assignments. Please note that electives may change between now and August due to enrollment and leveling of classes.
The schedule provided in Infinite Campus is to be used for your planning purposes, but will not be considered final until school begins. Final changes to the school’s master schedule could continue over the next few months related to student need, enrollment changes, or staffing changes. If there were to happen, it would affect electives. * Should a change in a core be necessary, you and/or your student will be contacted. There is no guarantee for when (block) a course will be taken. * Teacher names, room numbers, and lunches will be added the first week of August.
Should a schedule repair be needed, click on the appropriate link information to make a schedule change request. It also includes additional schedule change information, so be sure to read carefully.
Please note – the window for schedule repairs: May 3 – 16, 2021. If concerns are addressed outside of this window, it will reduce our chances of providing assistance. See more information on page two.
Please do not email your counselor as that process is not guaranteed a response. (additional info on page 2)
- Grades 10 -12: Alpha A – De: Counselor, Mrs. Barb Norrbom
- Grades10-12: Alpha Di – H; Counselor, Mr. Michael Sardinia
- Grades 10-12: Alpha I – Mi: Counselor, Mrs. Whitney Mires
- Grades 10 -12: Alpha Mo – Sa; Counselor, Mrs. Kristi Ehle-Parker
- Grades 10 -12: Alpha Sc – Z; Counselor, Mr. Andy Yeomans
- Grade 9: Assistant Principal, Karen Norris
Repair links will be disabled May 16, 2021 – midnight. We will work through the requests and be in contact. If a request is possible, the change will appear on the schedule. If the change is not possible or there is a problem to discuss, you will be contacted via email.
- Please know that we will be working on the repair requests during and after May 16, 2021.
- We request your patience as it may take some time.
- *** Please allow a May 28 turnaround time before following up about proposed schedule changes.
All schedule changes requests are due on or before May 16, 2021…the sooner the better. Please note that schedule change requests made in August may not be accepted due to working with new students, availability, and class counts. If concerns are addressed outside of the schedule request window, it will reduce our chances of providing assistance.
- Note: Exception…Work Study and/or Teacher Aide positions can be submitted in the Fall.
All online courses will have to be pre-approved by the Administration in 2021-2022.
We are looking forward to next year and welcoming everyone new and returning to Silver Creek.
- Erick Finnestead, Principal
- Karen Norris, Assistant Principal
- Eric Ottem, Assistant Principal
- Pat DeCamillis, Assistant Principal and Athletic Director
- Barb Norrbom, Counselor for A-DE
- Michael Sardinia, Counselor for DI – H
- Whitney Mires, Counselor for I – MI
- Kristi Ehle-Parker, Counselor for MO-SA
- Andy Yeomans, Counselor for SC-Z